Wednesday, September 26, 2012

OH EM GEE.

Hey guys, THIS lovely lady nominated me for the Liebster Award! I had no idea what this was, but I checked out her blog to see what that meant. It means that I was nominated as a favorite blogger with less than 200 followers.
When you get this award, you have to:
-Post 11 things about yourself
-Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you. 
-Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
-Choose 11 people to award, with less than 200 followers and send them a link to your post. 
-Go to their page and tell them.

Oh also, if I nominate you, I guess you put this badge on your page.

Answers to previous persons questions: 
1. What's the most expensive piece of clothing or accessory you ever bought?
I tend not to buy things that are über expensive, especially since I usually buy my clothes at thrift stores, but adding dry cleaning to the cost, I have $100 vintage shorts, but without dry cleaning they were 60. Even still I think that they are my most expensive piece of clothing that I've ever bought for myself.
2. What is your favorite song right now?

This is the hardest question anyone can ever ask...I am such a music nut that I never ever have only one favorite song, but I'll make a little list (with links to the youtube) of my favorite songs right now: 
Butterscotch--Cocorosie
Creature Fear--Bon Iver
Cubism Dream--Local Natives
Dance, Dance, Dance--Lykke Li
Gobbledigook--Sigur Rós
July--Crying Day Care Choir
King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1--Neutral Milk Hotel
Lua--Bright Eyes
Lucky Number Nine--The Moldy Peaches (this inspired my new tumblr name indie-boys-are-neur0tic.tumblr.com)
Rise--Eddie Vedder (this video makes me want to cry. It's all just so friggin' beautiful)
At The Bottom of Everything--Bright Eyes
Someone You'd Admire--Fleet Foxes
Good For Great--Matt & Kim
We are Never Ever Getting Back Together--T-swifty. (Because who doesn't love a 20-y.o. girl acting like a teenager. NO one. That's who.)
Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games--of Montreal
3. If you were a shoe, what kind would you be? Why?
I guess I'd be glittered thrifted shoes, because I like to think that I stand out and am unique. Dunno.
4. Who is your favorite designer?
I don't really know that much about designers, but right now my favorite is Miu Miu because I freaking love all their runways shows right now and their collars are to die for. 
5. How did you get into blogging?
I really liked New Dress a Day, so I started this blog as "Creative Thing a Day", figuring it would motivate me to actually do a creative thing every day, but it eventually became more and more outfits, after reading Madeline Pendleton, Jessica Virgin, Tavi Gevinson, Bebe Zeva, and Amanda Brohman's blogs, so I changed the name to A Fidelity for Fashion after the year was up.
6. What's your favorite trend for the upcoming season? 
Collars under sweaters for both men and women. For men it's sort of a pants-off moment for me. Meaning that if I see them I immediately take my pants off and yell "OH PLEASE JUST HAVE ME." For the ladies I think it is also amazing. I don't know why I like it so much, but the cover of this months Frankie sort of says it all. As well as this amazing vintage vibe it gives off.
7. What is one thing you couldn't live without?
I would say my friends. 
If you meant literal object I would say my camera. I had a dream that I was drowning, but I wasn't  freaking out that I was drowning, I was freaking out that I had my camera around my neck and it was probably getting ruined. 
8. What/who makes you laugh the hardest?
This, This, Her, This, Them and This.
9. Your wishlist: What's the fashion item you want the most?
Ooooh. Good one. God. No idea. I love everything I see so much, it's like, I can't just choose one thing I like best. But here are some fashions I particularly like that I want at the moment:
--Young girl plastic hair clips
--Flower Crowns
--Long Collars
--Ruffle Socks
--Doc Martens
--Black Converse
--Saddle Shoes
--Blue, Yellow, and Black lipstick
10. Who is your favorite model?
I don't really know that many models, not really into the whole modeling scene.
11. What is your favorite perfume?
I almost never wear perfume except the one I got made for me as a present when I was like 10, which is vanilla and jasmine and just makes me smell all sugary, so I don't really have a favorite. 

My nominees:

http://eveyinorbit.blogspot.com/
http://stylewandering.blogspot.com/
http://thoughtsfromanotherkook.blogspot.co.uk/
http://cosmicnonsense.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.mango--mochi.blogspot.com/
http://my-longer-infinity.blogspot.com/
http://youthtographer.blogspot.com/
http://redpunzel-carla.blogspot.com/
http://naturally-dapper.blogspot.com/

My Question:

1. What's your favorite store to shop at? Why do you shop there?
2. What's your favorite band right in this moment? Favorite song by them?
3. What's your favorite movie?
4. If you could live in one cheesy eighties/ninties movie, which one would you live in?
5. If you had to wear one outfit for an entire year what would it be?
6. What are you most passionate about? Like what can you rant about for hours?
7. Who/what inspires you most?
8. What's the one piece of clothing that makes you drop your pants when guys/girls (whoever you're attracted to) wear it? (Like me with collars+sweaters)
9. Who's your favorite artist?
10. What's your favorite magazine/zine/book? (answer all three)
11. What's one peice of clothing you cannot live without?

Also, when if you do a post about this answering my questions, could you link it to me in the comments? I wanna read your answers!

So excited! Can't wait to see what you guys say! (I believe this is the most exclamations points I have ever used in a paragraph before. I feel like an annoyingly peppy girl. I apologize. I'm just excited.)
xx
Maya

3 comments:

  1. you are fantastic and i remember you :) and i answered the questions is you want to read them
    Rain,
    http://my-longer-infinity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you soooo much for nominating me! you are such a cool grrrl and your blog is filled with sparkles, &c &c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks heaps!!! I always get so excited and addicted to these question thingys:):):)
    I will answer them as soon as possible.
    you rock!
    carla

    ReplyDelete